We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

ATOM Remote sftp not working with new Win10 PC

• Hello, I've recently rec'd a new Win10 laptop and I am able to connect to the Omega2+ using PuTTY and the application that I am running on the Omega is working (ie WiFi is ok). My problem is I am not able to get the Atom text editors Remote sftp working. When remote connecting, Atom gives an error message:

Remote FTP: Connection failed
    Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND Omega-xxxx.local Omega-xxxx.local:22

I have the remote sftp working on my old Win7 laptop with no problems... just wondering where in Win10 the problem may be... any help on this is really appreciated.

Paul

• @Paul-Smulders When making the sftp connection are you employing typed credentials or ssh key pairs? If the latter perhaps you've not yet generated a key pair for the new laptop and sent over the public key to the device?????

--Bill

• @Paul-Smulders

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND Omega-xxxx.local Omega-xxxx.local:22

If I'm not mistaken, the error is indicating that the software cannot locate your device, probably the hostname to IP address resolution is failing.

Check that the redacted xxxx is correct for your device and if so, try to ping the device from a command prompt using the relevant hostname and follow steps to troubleshoot and correct any hostname to IP address resolution failure that may be happening.

Or substitute the hostname 'Omega-xxxx.local' in the Atom software with the device's IP address.

• Sorry for the delay in getting back, Christmas and New Years ... Happy New Year!

Thank-you Bill and cas for the suggestions, took the easy root first and changed the "Omega-xxx.local" to "192.168.3.1" and the connection worked. ie in the ATOM's .ftpconfig file:
    original:
    {
    "protocol":"sftp",
    "host":"Omega-xxxx.local",
    "port":"22",
    "user":"root",
    "pass":"xxxxxxxx",
    "remote":"/"
    }
    ...changed to:
    {
    "protocol":"sftp",
    "host":"192.168.3.1",
    "port":"22",
    "user":"root",
    "pass":"xxxxxxxxxx",
    "remote":"/"
    }

Changing it back to "Omega-xxxx.local" brought back the problem. I'm not sure what you mean Bill with:
    If the latter perhaps you've not yet generated a key pair for the new laptop and sent over the public key to the device?????

Either way its working now, thanks for the help.

Paul

• @Paul-Smulders Hi! There a nice description of using key pairs in the context of an O2 device here: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/connecting-to-the-omega-terminal.html

Nice to see you have solved the issue. My question was related to a bit of "peeling the onion" to figure out how to help.

--Bill

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.