We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

I2S Audio Input

• Hello,

I was wondering if the Omega, Omega2, or Omega2+ can use the I2S audio port as an input, possibly multi channel (2-4 channels) audio input. Is this possible? I couldn't find anything in the documentation about it.

Thank you.

• I'm interested in this matter as well. All I've found so far is I2S for audio output and USB for audio input.

• I have never been able to get audio input working via USB. Has anyone else?

• The Omega platform would be perfect if only it had better sound support. I understand the SoC wasn't really made for it, but has there been any audio development for the Omega except partially functioning USB audio? Has the I2S issue been fixed with a new firmware update (where I2S stops working after the firmware update)?

I suppose with hardware development, the first step is to choose a codec or audio ADC IC. It could be controlled via SPI or I2C bus, but will require a sophisticated driver. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I could try using the Audio Injector boards for the RPi.

Does anyone else have a solution?

• Like the RPi, The Omega2 has I2S with a serial data in and serial data out. The multichannel audio injector board must use another GPIO as another serial data in. My application requires two stereo channels.

• @Felipe-Duque Hi, indeed Omegas need a complete support for
    I2s audio.
    Someone did output some time ago,but apparently vanished...

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.