We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2+ on Arduino Dock - 3 non documented pins

• Hi,

I slowly working my way through the 11 basic projects. In checking the Arduino Dock R2 layout I noticed there are 3 pins that are not documented. They towards the top left corner, right to the reset button. They are tagged as Omega_TX, Omega_RX and GND.

• @Antonio-Tirado You can connect - for example - any USB-to-3.3V TTL Serial module / cable to these pins to get a well working Serial Console.
    IMO this solution (a separate RX0, TX0, GND header) is much better than the onboard CP2102 USB-to-Serial chip on the Expansion Dock, the Mini Dock and particularly on the Omega2 Pro.

See also: Official Omega2 Documentation Communicating with Serial Devices
    0_1546856003927_uart-pins-arduino-dock.jpg

• @György-Farkas Thanks a lot for responding.

Yes, I agree with you. This seems much more elegant.

I started wondering about their function while thinking whether it is possible to provide a fast interface between multiple Omegas. It seems this is not exactly what I was looking for but still a very powerful mechanism.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.