We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

OLED Not working on Plus

• I received my Omega 2S+, finally got it updated and functioning, now the OLED does not function. I have tried 6 different OLED modules and none of them seem to work, but if I plug them back into an Omega 2+ they work fine. I tried the OLED app in the Legacy console, it also complains "Unable to communicate with selected device".

My C app reports:

onion-i2c:: write issue for register 0x80, errno is 6: No such device or address

Did I miss something? I'm on the latest firmware Version: 0.3.1 b211

• administrators

@crispyoz Are you using an Onion OLED Expansion

or a third party OLED module?

If you're using the Onion OLED Expansion, have you tried using the oled-exp command line utility?
    More info in oled-exp can be found here.

• @crispyoz If you are you using a genuine Onion OLED Expansion then connect pin4 to pin3 on its Expansion Header
    and connect the GND, 3.3V, SDA, SCL pins to the GND, 3.3V, SDA, SCL pins of Omega2S+ respectively.
    0_1537620926562_oled-expansion-illustration.png

OLED Expansion Header pinout (top view)
         +-----+ 
     GND | 1  2|
    3.3V | 3  4| VDD25 / Omega2(+) GPIO11 
         | 5  6|
         | 7  8|
         | 9 10|
         |11 12|
         |13 14|
         |15 16|
         |17 18|
         |19 20|
         |21 22| SCL  GPIO4 Omega2(+)
         |23 24| SDA  GPIO5 Omega2(+)
         |25 26| GND
         |27 28|
     GND |29 30| 3.3V
         +-----+ 

Do not forget to remove the pin3-pin4 short circuit if you want to plug the Oled Expansion to any genuine Onion Omega Expansion Header directly because Omega2(+) may be damaged if you set GPIO11 to Low.

See also:
    Connect oled expansion and omega 2+ only
    Using OLED expansion with other devices

• Thanks everyone for the replies. I have been using the genuine Onion OLED. I found he issue, the connector seems to have an issue. If I jiggle it, it will start working, then stop working. I tested on 3 different OLEDs and I get the same behaviour so it's definitely my 2S+. I have more on order so hopefully I'll be ok once they arrive.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.