We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Broken mini dock switch

• Yeah, just had the same problem with the full size expansion dock. Not a big deal since it broke off in the "on" position, but just thought I would let you all know.

• Just to give the same feedback, mine broke when i was just checking it out for the first time. I litterally had the module in my hands for 20 seconds! It didn't actually stopped in the "on" position but i managed to lock it to the spot. What worried me was that you guys are advertising your QC procedures, and actually this one slept you through, and it is in my opinion a major production issue. Easy to work around, but bad image.

• The switch on my mini dock arrived without the little nub. šŸ˜ž

• @Pedro-Baco We are really sorry about missing the switch problem when we were doing QC for the Docks. We are taking full responsibility for our mistakes, and we have changed our sourcing partners and introduced more stringent QC procedures in our manufacturing process to ensure that something like this will not happen in the future. In the mean time, we will be working with everyone to first ensure that they can turn the switch to the ON position (so that at least it is useable), and we are also looking at possible ways we help those with broken switches to fix them.

I apologize again for our negligence in identifying this problem during the manufacturing process, and please know that we have done everything we can to make sure that something like this will never happen again with Onion products.

• Cheers for you guys. The best of success for you šŸ˜„

• I imagine it is pretty wide spread. I now use the needle method too.

• @Pedro-Baco
    My expansion was also broken the first time when i switched it on, and not in the on position.
    I have 2 so I looked to the other one.

• same thing here with the mini dock

• Unfortunately tried my Onion first in the larger expansion dock and nothing from the LED on the Omega. Then the switch snapped off the dock. Then tried the Mini dock, again nothing from the Omega and then the switch snapped off that dock too...

Not a happy bunny right now...

• Hi @Rick-Behl, I'm so sorry about your terrible experience with the docks. Before the switch broke off, were you able to turn the switches to the ON position? Let's first see if we can figure out why the LED on the Omega isn't turning on.

• The switch snapped off the dock of the larger expansion dock for my Onion too.

• Hi @Boken-Lin , thanks for your message. Unfortunately the light on the Omega has never been on even when I tried the to switch it on before the switches broke off. This was the same on the mini and expansion dock... I did see another thread about some Omega's having the wrong firmware but not sure if I should try the same steps?

I hope you can help.

• @Rick-Behl I think if the Omega has the wrong firmware, the LED light should still turn on. So you did manage to turn the switch to the ON position right? Are there any humming noise coming out of the Omega?

• I got my Omega with minidock earlier this week and love it. However, not one hour after opening up, the switch on the mini dock is broken. Any chance you can just list a few compatible replacement parts at Mouser or Digikey that we could use to make our own in-field repair? We definitely need something with a bit more mass in the switch.

• Hi @Jason-Taylor, really sorry about the poor quality of the switches! But here's a link to Amazon with parts that you can replace the switches with.

http://www.amazon.com/10PCS-MSK-12C01-Tripod-Toggle-Switch/dp/B00VTPLQLM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1447286664&sr=1-1&keywords=MSK-12C01

• On the plus side, I have 2 docks. On the down side, I've busted one within 10 minutes.

That switch is sure fragile -- the shaft is not much thicker than 100u

Is there a reason to use Amazon instead of Alibaba? That Amazon vendor is charging $35 for shipping!

• Hi @Boken-Lin, sorry for the delay. Even after trying two docks I could not get the Omega to switch on the LED, make any humming noises or anything else... In the mean time both my expansion dock and mini dock switches snapped off... I'm quite disappointed that I have not been able to play around at all with these devices, was really excited to get these before Christmas... I live in Singapore. Can I send the units I have back for an exchange please?

• @Doug-Plant Hi Doug, the reason that we included the ones from Amazon is because we have tried a couple of switches from Alibaba and Taobao, and they turned out to be just as fragile as the ones used on the Docks. šŸ˜ž We have tested out the ones from Amazon, and they are much higher quality. We will be using these switches in our future production runs.

• @Rick-Behl Hi Rick, We will send you the replacement right away. It would be greatly appreciated if you can send the defective ones to the following address:

To: Ms. Wu
    43 Lianfeng Road Suite 402, Chang'an District, Dongguan, Guangdong, China
    Phone: +86 13798812723

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

• Mine also broke within 1 hour of having it šŸ˜ž
    thankfully my switch broke in the on position!!!
    i really think the design of the mini dock needs to be rethrough, or maybe a stronger switch

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.