We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Broken mini dock switch

• I have the same problem. My switch is broken, and I have a needle, but don't see how to turn it on- there's nothing in the slot where the switch was.

• Hi @Chuck-Dee, I'm really sorry about the bad experience! Can you take a close-up picture of your dock where the switch is supposed to be? Let's see what's it looks like and see if there's anything we can do about it.

• @Boken-Lin Posted the pictures. Wasn't sure if you got notified.

• Hi @Chuck-Dee, I just saw it. Please insert the needle into the point where the red arrow shows, and pull to the left. Please let me know if that works. Also, please insert the Omega all the way into the dock. You shouldn't be able to see the pins on the Omega once it is properly inserted into the dock.

broken switch

Please let me know if this helps.

• I also received my Omega with the switch pre broken, although I didnt notice until 2 days ago (5/31/2016) because i never opened the box (I didn't get my battery dock and was upset). I found a use for the Omega without using a battery, so I figured I would start a project. I spent about an hour trying to figure out why the darn thing wouldn't turn on. A little bit of tinker time is to be expected with anything new. I am really loving this little board. I am actually upset now that I can't buy another šŸ™‚

On to my question, is it ok to just leave the switch in the on position all the time and plug in the usb power to turn it on? Are there side effects of doing this that may only show after time?

• I guess there is no problem. I just would type halt in terminal before take it of the USB plug. So at least you don't have a data loss.

Make a request on the Helpdesk to substitute your device.

• Had this same problem and the halt and unplug seems like a better suggestion then just unplugging it. Thanks.

• One unfortunate problem with having a unit with a broken power switch and that is you can not unbrick using the procedure for debricking your omega.
    Unless you want to go through the nasty serial port flashing method šŸ˜ž

• @Guest
    I have replied in your thread here that you can use the Reset switch to soft-start the Omega in the same way as the power switch if the power switch is stuck to ON.

Gabe

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.