We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Expansion Dock Technical Drawing Release!

• Hi everyone, I'm Gabe and I'm a new member of Team Onion! You may recognize me from our online help desk, but I also tinker with things and do 3D printing here and there. I wanted to get this done sooner but I caught the sniffles recently and I'm just getting back into things. šŸ˜£

I know people are anxiously awaiting the technical drawings for our products, so this week I took some time to draft up the Expansion Dock! (I also did the Omega drawing too.) There are a lot of ports and switches on this thing so the drawing should help you design the access holes on a 3D printable case, for example. I have modeled only the critical and interfacing components to keep the drawings as simple as possible, but if there's something you may need that's not there, please let me know and I'll have it ready for the following week.

I'm using Onshape, a free web-based CAD editor which will make it easier in the future to open source these models as I improve them over time. (I'll also be making the drawing templates look nicer too)

You can view the drawing using this link, or find it on our wiki at https://wiki.onion.io/Technical-Drawings/Omega-and-Expansions-Technical. Next week I will be doing the Mini Dock, and after that the Arduino Dock!

Thank you again for your support!

• @Gabriel-Ongpauco That's great thanks. šŸ™‚

What would be even better is if these were accompanied by:

• Circuit diagrams for each
    • Electrical specs for each

I know you are all busy so just ensuring that things don't get overlooked.

Keep up the good work šŸ™‚

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.