We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega doesn't to appear to be working

• @Sawyer-McBride You should connect the Omega to the Ethernet Expansion, and connect your computer to the Omega through ethernet cable. Then, you need to connect to the Omega via serial terminal and do the httpd thing. If the ethernet cable is connect to your computer properly, the Omega will now host a server at port 80 that allows you to upload the firmware binary via your browser at http://192.168.1.1.

• @darryl-mays We have put in a request to have the ethernet expansion sent to you.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

• Same here... Two unities bought. Took long to arrive. After arriving, both are not working. I'm not an expert in such environment and there are several directions on how to solve it creating some confusion. Please create a fixed topic, or a tutorial, with clear steps on how to solve this issue. Since I paid for it, I would expect a WORKING device out of the box and not something that you have to fix it by yourself. At the moment, the level of frustration is so high that I gave up of any trial.

• @Eduardo-Pereira, can you briefly describe what's the problem with each of the Omega?

• @Boken-Lin On both boards: The amber led does not blink during startup and I cannot set it up via wifi. What is the solution for that? If I read this thread, there are several solutions, some works some not according to the people. What is the official statement and solution?

• @Eduardo-Pereira Can you try to connect to it using serial terminal and copy and paste for me the output of your serial terminal? We first need to identify what the problem is.

• @Boken-Lin This is what I got:
    athr_gmac_ring_alloc Allocated 640 at 0x838cb800
    athr_gmac_ring_alloc Allocated 4032 at 0x838a9000
    Setting Drop CRC Errors, Pause Frames and Length Error frames
    Setting PHY...
    athr_gmac_ring_alloc Allocated 640 at 0x838cb400
    athr_gmac_ring_alloc Allocated 1536 at 0x83965000
    ATHRS26: resetting s26
    ATHRS26: s26 reset done
    Setting Drop CRC Errors, Pause Frames and Length Error frames
    Setting PHY...
    device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
    device eth1 entered promiscuous mode
    ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
    Port Status 1c000004
    ar7240-ehci ar7240-ehci.0: ATH EHCI
    ar7240-ehci ar7240-ehci.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
    ehci_reset Intialize USB CONTROLLER in host mode: 3
    ehci_reset Port Status 1c000000
    ar7240-ehci ar7240-ehci.0: irq 3, io mem 0x1b000000
    ehci_reset Intialize USB CONTROLLER in host mode: 3
    ehci_reset Port Status 1c000000
    ar7240-ehci ar7240-ehci.0: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
    usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
    usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
    usb usb1: Product: ATH EHCI
    usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.31--LSDK-9.2.0_U11.14 ehci_hcd
    usb usb1: SerialNumber: platform
    usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
    hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
    Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
    usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
    USB Mass Storage support registered.
    **** drop_caches_sysctl_handler: all done timer added ...****
    Starting pid 218, console /dev/t
    (none) mips #6 Fri Aug 28 16:51:14 CST 2015 (none)
    (none) login:

• @Eduardo-Pereira Do you have the ethernet expansion?

• @Boken-Lin Nope! Do I need one?

• @Eduardo-Pereira Yeah, you need one in order to reflash the Omega to the correct firmware. If you don't have one we can teach you how to build one from capacitors and resistors. Would you like to try?

• @Boken-Lin Better not, the risks are too high that I destroy it. Better stay with the Plug n' Play option of having a ethernet expansion. Could you send me one?

• @Eduardo-Pereira Sure. Can you tell me the email address associated with your order or kickstarter?

• I know this is an old thread, but I've been busy and am now getting around to unboxing my onion omega and have this same issue. Unfortunately I don't have the ethernet expansion. I was a kickstart backer, what do I need to do?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.