We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Console not starting - do I have a "test" device?

• My most recent Onion seems to perhaps be a lab "test" device. From a Web browser, the Console app just seems to want to stay stuck on the login screen. Using PuTTY, I can SSH into it with the default credentials at 192.168.3.1, but instead of giving me the current firmware release, my unit reports CHAOS CALMER (Chaos Calmer, r46849). Do I need to flash new firmware onto this device?

• administrators

Hi @Jeff-Verive
    This is not a test device, you're just on the old Omega firmware.

Run oupgrade from the command line to get the latest firmware!

• I seem to have the same older firmware on my Omega. When I try oupgrade, I get:

Device Firmware Version: 0.0.1
    Checking latest version online...
    Failed to parse message data
    Repo Firmware Version:
    Comparing version numbers
    sh: 0: unknown operand
    Device firmware is up to date!

If I try oupgrade - force I get the following:

Device Firmware Version: 0.0.1
    Checking latest version online...
    Failed to parse message data
    Repo Firmware Version:
    New firmware available, need to upgrade device firmware
    Downloading new firmware ...
    /tmp/: Is a directory

and the /tmp/ just keeps scrolling by.

Any ideas?
    Thank You!

• administrators

@John-Hart That's odd! But no worries, I'll walk you through the steps to manually download and install the latest firmware.

Step 1: Download the firmware
    We'll grab the firmware from the Onion images server:

cd /tmp
    wget http://repo.onion.io/omega/images/omega-v0.0.8-b297.bin

Step 2: Install the firmware
    Once the download is complete, run the following command to install the firmware:

sysupgrade omega-v0.0.8-b297.bin

The Omega will start the upgrade process and will initiate a reboot towards the end. This should last 3-5 minutes. Make sure not to unplug the Omega during the update process!

Step 3: Have fun!*
    šŸ™‚

• @Lazar-Demin What are the steps needed if I have a device that doesn't have the onion firmware on it?

• administrators

@Jason-Porter Are you certain that it doesn't have the Onion firmware? What are the symptoms?

If you are certain, you can use the Ethernet Expansion and this guide to flash the correct firmware.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.