We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to access Serial Output from Arduino Dock

• I am successfully accessing the Arduino Dock using the Arduino IDE and can upload sketches on port Omega-0A97 at 192.168.3.1 (where the 0A97 is my Omega id).

My question is: How can I view the Serial output from the Arduino as produced by Aruino statements like Serial.println("Hi there");

If I try to connect to the Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE, I get prompted for the Omega password. But all I get is an IDE monitor window containing only:

Unable to connect: retrying (1)... 
     Unable to connect: retrying (2)... 
     Unable to connect: retrying (3)... 
     Unable to connect: retrying (4)... 
     Unable to connect: is the sketch using the bridge?

There are also some drop-down controls to set Line Ending and Baud Rate but no settings seem to work

Anyone have any suggestions?

• There may be an easier way...but...if you have an Arduino Mega you can one of its extra serial ports to the Arduino Dock, run the multiserialmega sketch on it, and then see the serial output from the Arduino Dock relayed through it. Or use a little blue tooth card or do it the old fashioned way with a serial to usb cable? I am sure there is a more eloquent way but the mega version worked well for me.

• @Will-Kostelecky Interesting ideas, thanks šŸ™‚ But I don't really want to get a Mega just to see the output from the Arduino Dock. I already have a couple of additional Arduino Unos and an Arduino Teensy 3.1 and may be able to do something with them.

Though I think this is another shortcoming of the Arduino Dock and the way it has to be used. I'm hoping the forthcoming new Arduino Dock that was recently announced (see https://onion.io/2016/05/19/battery-dock-arduino-dock-status-update/) will be more usable.

• @Kit-Bishop I feel you! I just happen to have a couple of Mega's in my parts drawers. I seem to collect hardware...was going to hook up a spare RPi just to use the serial port but the Mega was easier.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.