We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

[RESOLVED] Cannot connect to Omega when using battery dock

• Hi everybody,

not long ago I received my GPS module and my battery dock, and I am very happy about that. Thanks a lot for your great work! 🙂

But now I have a problem… when I connect the battery dock to my computer (ThinkPad T520, Debian stable), it won't find anything. The output of 'dmesg' just does not change at all, but the battery charges. I did not check yet if the Omega will connect to my network to see if it is properly running at all. Regarding the LED it seems to be working.

When I'm using the normal dock, it's found immediately and working fine ("cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0"). I've also tried to only use the Omega together with the dock but not connecting anything else: Did not change the result.

So what's going wrong here? Where is my mistake? Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day!

BR
    Frank

• Update:

The omega seems to start without problems in the battery dock as I can see the access point it creates.

BR
    Frank

Edit:
    Also works with Mini-Dock. I get more and more the feeling that something is wrong with my battery dock. 😞

• HI,

The Battery dock does not have a serial to USB chip so you are unable to connect it to a PC for communications.

• @Frank-Neuhaus said in Cannot connect to Omega when using battery dock:

The omega seems to start without problems in the battery dock as I can see the access point it creates.

Also works with Mini-Dock. I get more and more the feeling that something is wrong with my battery dock. 😞

If it works without problem, you can connect over ssh.
    ssh root@192.168.3.1
    You have to be in the same sub-net as your omega or configure the routing to your other network range. If you use more than one Omega take in consideration to change the standard ip-adress to a fix one to avoid dublicated IP adresses.

• Hi Luciano,
    thanks for your answer. I'm aware of this option, but my question is if I'm doing something wrong or if my dock somehow is defective.
    BR
    Frank

• @mark-titley said in Cannot connect to Omega when using battery dock:

HI,

The Battery dock does not have a serial to USB chip so you are unable to connect it to a PC for communications.

Please read the wiki document where it shows the > Differences from the Expansion Dock:

The main differences are:

• Addition of battery management circuits and battery level indicator LEDs
    • Addition of 2-pin JST-PH connector for batteries
    • All circuit components are surface-mount
    • No USB-to-Serial Chip
    • No RGB LED

So, stop trying to connect the Omega over tty if you have it in the power-dock, please 😉

• Hi,

F***. I was in a hurry when reading and replying the last time, so I just overlooked mark-titley's answer. This is, of course, my fault, and I'm sorry for that.
    And thanks a lot to mark-titley for solving my question!

BR
    Frank

• No problem ...
    you could put in the title resolved and also tag it as it.
    thx

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.