I have spent hours on the "Omega2+ fails to connect to Wifi" issue (like many people ...)
Starting from a fresh Omega2+ (with factory resetting if needed and without using the set up wizard), I have followed your http://community.onion.io/post/13769 post and added the following lines at the end of the /etc/config/wireless file :
option ssid 'xxxxxxxx'
option encryption 'WPAPSK'
option key 'xxxxxxx'
I have also replaced WPA1PSK by WPAPSK (twice in the config file) and removed the 'option country 'US' line (http://community.onion.io/post/13801).
After rebooting the Omega2+, I have checked that the date and internet access are now correct :
Sun Sep 3 14:35:42 GMT 2017
apcli0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 42:A3:6B:01:27:71
inet addr:192.168.0.9 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
I also thank the people of http://community.onion.io/topic/1149/omega2-fails-to-connect-to-wifi/ for their posts which also helped me in elaborating my own recipe.
I hope that that my post will be helpful for people having this kind of issue.
And now I am going to manually install the console.