No feedback from Onion in 30d? Pity.
Posts made by Marcel Stör
RE: Clarifications on the Bluetooth Speaker project tutorial
Clarifications on the Bluetooth Speaker project tutorial
A few questions about the project here: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-project-book-vol1/bluetooth-audio-speaker.html
- In the BOM it says "We found the Power Dock especially useful". I fail to understand why the Power Dock would be any more useful than the Mini Dock for this project. What is it that I don't see?
- The BOM also says to use a Onion Bluetooth Expansion. Is there any reason it would have to be an Onion BLE expansion or would any USB-BLE-adapter work?
- How would you power this thing? How about this for a on-the-go solution:
- Power the ghettoblaster from batteries (either internal or from external LiPo)
- Use a Mini Dock
- Power the Mini Dock from ghettoblaster through buck/boost converter for 5V and micro USB cable
- A 2-port USB hub would be enough (as listed in the BOM).
Is there any indication how much power this whole package (Omega, BLE adapter, USB audio adapter) will draw?