We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Power Dock Reset Button Not Actually Connected?

• My power doc expansion board is not responding to the RESET button, as per the documentation located here.

I took a multimeter and ohmed the connection between all of the the reset button pins and the RST signal that is available on the dock's expansion connector. There is no connection. If I ground the RST pin on the expansion header, the Omega reset. If I push the button, nothing happens.

Reading other threads on this forum, it would appear that I am not the only person affected by this. Is it possible that the Expansion Dock's reset pin is not functional, or at least not functioning as described in the documentation referenced above?

• @MookieDog said in Power Dock Reset Button Not Actually Connected?:

Reading other threads on this forum, it would appear that I am not the only person affected by this. Is it possible that the Expansion Dock's reset pin is not functional, or at least not functioning as described in the documentation referenced above?

Please read mor other requests ... including the Administrators announcements!

(Update to the newest image and your button should work ;))

• @Luciano-S. My firmware would appear to be up to date:

root@Omega-AFE5:/# oupgrade --check
    Device Firmware Version: 0.1.7 b139
    Checking latest version online...
    Repo Firmware Version: 0.1.7 b139
    Comparing version numbers
    Device firmware is up to date!

I will go read the other announcements now.

• OK, I get it now.

The 'reset' button on a dock has no direct connection to the processor 'reset' signal. Pressing this button is not expected to affect the processor's 'reset' input. That's why there is no electrical connection between the two.

The 'reset' button on the dock is merely a GPIO input to the Omega software. If that software is misbehaving, the button presses may do nothing. In fact, this was the case recently and explains your request to update to the latest image.

In contrast, asserting a reset signal in an embedded system is one of the very few things that absolutely cannot be ignored by the components in that system.

In my opinion, 'reset' is an unfortunate choice of name for the dock's button, but it's just an opinion.

Thanks for the prompt response!

• @MookieDog said in Power Dock Reset Button Not Actually Connected?:

Thanks for the prompt response!

Your welcome.

Check out the newest software ... it should be work now with the reboot/reset. As it was a software problem too.
    http://community.onion.io/topic/1282/omega2-reboot-and-sd-card-fixed/6

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.