We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Documentation is incomplete

• Also, I think we all would greatly benefit from an ongoing FAQ section. The answers have to be validated and clear. And they should be from the designers of the product. I have spent countless hours trying to figure things out and when I think I have the answer, a new problem arises. Or the figured out problem goes bad again. And I don't know why. Like being disconnected from WiFi for no reason. I finally got it working, but afraid to touch anything!

The documentation is very hard to follow. It makes you skip around and then you can't find where you were. It's very poor to show 1 page of a topic, which doesn't continue. One has to jump back to choose the sub-topic. About the not having to login all the time. Why can't it just be remembered in the OS? Another example, the section doing a command line: oupgrade. The word is in the middle of the sentence in a very light font. You can hardly see it. It should on a line by itself, bold and red. I see many more examples like this. Clear and clean documentation so important!

The first time user, very important person, should be shown step by step how to get the Omega2+ up and working in the most basic way. When appropriate, the steps should be illustrated and explained. For a while, I didn't know if my laptop was actually a wireless client of the Omega. And didn't know the laptop has to be a LAN client of my router. This setup is not usual for a new comer.
    This is where a diagram of the connections should be shown.

To Onion Management: You do know that hundreds of UNPAID Quality Control Experts are working for you. Without us..... No Omega2+ You need to live up our bargain more.
    WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED !

• @Don-DeGregori

1. Yes the documentation would be better if you didn't have to skip about, poor design in my book (no pun intended).

2. Noticed the almost invisible grey commands hidden within the text. +1 for new line in red.

3. Looks like fast-gpio doesn't work as documented, comes back with:

segmentation error

1. Could the Onion doc person confirm they are watching this thread or advise how they want to be informed of the errors and omissions?

1. Looks like fast-gpio doesn't work as documented, comes back with:

segmentation error

Yes, I ran into something like that before and the problem lies in the syntax, for example the docs says something like: (Example only)

fast-gpio call more -p

The syntax should be something like instead

fastgpio -p call more

AGAIN, this is just an example but you get the idea of what is going on. I just type words as an example and are not actual commands and options. šŸ™‚

• The syntax at https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/using-gpios.html is shown as:
    fast-gpio read <gpio pin>

but

fast-gpio read 5

gives the error I stated (technically Segmentation fault) and

fast-gpio 5 read

Doesn't error but gives no response.

• Best way is to do a issue on github as far as there is not changed yet.
    From own experiences i got there the best request times for answers.

• @Costas-Costas The segmentation fault - error is due to missing /dev/mem, not due to something in fast-gpio being wrong. You just have to wait for Onion-devs to fix their kernel.

• Just to clarify, it was a command but I never mention that it was fast-gpio, but the docs said one way and it was actually different. I will look around and see which one is the one I got the error. I just thought it might help Costas from something that happened to me too.

• @administrators
    When you solve this problem?

The syntax at https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/using-gpios.html is shown as:

but

fast-gpio read 5

fast-gpio 5 read

• fast-gpio pulses - how to use this feature?

• @Vlad-Leonov said in Documentation is incomplete:

The syntax at https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/using-gpios.html is shown as:
    but
    fast-gpio read 5
    fast-gpio 5 read

UP

• @Manuel-Godinez said in Documentation is incomplete:

but the docs said one way and it was actually different.

The doc was first of all a copy of the wiki, the wiki was made for omega1. As hardware and software is changing from time to time, the documentation also has to be changed.

If you find something out other than documentation suggests, please do a pull request to simplify the doc's writers live šŸ˜‰ .

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.