We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Where do Omega's get their time from on bootup

• If I use the kill command to reboot the Omega it defaults to a bootup time of 13:16:43.

Is this hard coded somewhere and how do I get the real time from a server?

I have correct time zone details in /etc/config/system but it never picks up the correct time after a "kill reboot". I can't use the reboot command, hence the kill.

• Looks like if I add the following to my start up scripts it will set the correct time

ntpd -q -p ptbtime1.ptb.de

Thankful for the openwrt site

• Have a look in /etc/TZ ... there if you did set it correctly should do the trick.

• @Luciano-S checked TZ. The only fix is ntpd. I think the rogue time is possibly the firmware flashed time.

• @Costas-Costas, i do have my omega2+ now and i try to clarify my answer. The Omegas Firmware is based on LEDE. The Systemcnfig you find here:
    https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/system_configuration

To see configuration type:
    uci show system

the config file for the system is in /etc/config/system

config system
            option timezone 'BRT3BRST,M10.3.0/0,M2.3.0/0'
            option ttylogin '0'
            option log_size '64'
            option urandom_seed '0'
            option cronloglevel '8'
            option hostname 'Omega-####'

Choose a location next to your place and change the value in option timezone in your /etc/config/system file (save and close).

uci commit config typed in terminal writes the configuration back.
    Reboot Omega and if you have network it will actualize your location/date/time.

With date the configuration of time can be checked:

root@Omega-####:/# date
    Fri Feb  3 18:31:14 BRST 2017

• @Luciano-S. said in Where do Omega's get their time from on bootup:

Reboot Omega and if you have network it will actualize your location/date/time.

I have everything set as per your post but the point is when you force a reboot by killing /etc/rc.local it brings up a fixed time, not a network time. With this extra line in /etc/rc.local it obtains the network time on reboot.

ntpd -q -p ptbtime1.ptb.de

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.