We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Setting Timezone via Console

• I have a couple of small issues associated with setting Timezone via the Console - not a major urgent issue but perhaps should be addressed at some point.
    Note that I am on the latest firmware from oupgrade.

• Setting of the timezone in Console Settings doesn't work in Firefox (it just doesn't do anything) - it works fine in Chrome. Probably still an issue with Firefox related to earlier issues with Firefox access
    • It would be nice if either the timezone list included timezones with daylight savings or if there was an additional option to indicate whether or not daylight saving applied.
      I am in new Zealand and we currently have daylight saving - so timezone is effectively GMT+13 - can work round this either by setting my timezone for one hour ahead (which in my case would actually need (GMT +13:00) Nuku'alofa) or hand edit my /etc/TZ file to the appropriate value - but it would be nice to do it properly

• Hi @Kit-Bishop, Regarding the Firefox bug, can you open up the Javascript console to see if there's any error output when you try to change the timezone settings? Perhaps we've left out one of the let keywords in the source.

For the daylight saving zone, I was aware that there's day light saving in Nuku'alofa. The current TZ configuration I have for Nuku'alofa is TOT-13, where as a location with daylight saving would have something like EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0 for Eastern Timezone. The format is in the format std offset dst [offset],start[/time],end[/time]. If you can help me find out the correct tz string to configure when the daylight saving time starts and ends, I will change that in the Console.

Cheers!

• @Boken-Lin Thanks as always for your speedy response (particularly for what is a pretty minor issue really).

Unfortunately, I don't really know how to use JavaScript console to find what you asked šŸ˜ž
    However, I have found the code responsible for handling timezone changes in onion-settings-general.html and onion-device-provider.html

• In onion-settings-general.html I see the following for Auckland, Wellington:
      {name: 'Auckland, Wellington', offset: '+12:00', tz: 'NZST-12NZDT,M9.5.0,M4.1.0/3'},
      which (from your comments and my additional research looks correct to me.
      Though I think the tx: value should more correctly be:
      tz: 'NZST-12NZDT,M9.5.0/2,M4.1.0/3'

• In going through onion-device-provider.html I see that the timezone is changed by
      var changeTimezone = function (timezone, zonename) {
      And while I see nothing obviously wrong (I'm not an expert here) I am slightly puzzled by the fact that the body of var timezonePromise = new Promise(function (resolve, reject) { and var zonenamePromise = new Promise(function (resolve, reject) { are exactly the same.

So unfortunately, i have not as yet figured out why:

• Daylight saving isn't getting set for New Zealand
    • Why timezone setting seems to broadly work under Chrome but not Firefox
      I will spent a bit more time researching but, as i said, it really isn't a major issue to me

• @Boken-Lin Do you ever have one of those days when systems seem to be conspiring against you? šŸ˜ž
    It seems that I was totally mistaken about daylight savings not being honoured for Auckland/Wellington time zone. I have just tried again setting it via Console under Chrome and the date and time appear to be correct now. My only excuse is probably trying to do too many things simultaneously and loosing track with where I was - I apologise for wasting any of your time.

However, timezone setting using console under Firefox is still doing nothing and I have no explanation yet for this. But don't spend too much time on it - it is low priority from my perspective

Thanks again for your time

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.