We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Power Dock and its app to check battery level - need some more info

• I have found something interesting on Omega Power Dockt
    There is a package to visualize the level of battery charge using board's LEDs. So, if there is a software solution to check the battery - we are one step to make a script to shut down the system when the battery low? Am I right? But how to do it? šŸ™‚

• @Janek-Kowal

Unfortunately the power-dock application is a binary rather than a python script, but maybe the source code for it is available somewhere? In any case, when I run 'strings /usr/bin/power-dock', I see that the binary contains within it the function "readBatteryLevel", which would indicate either that the power-dock application can access the battery level in software or that they've left an empty function with such a name in order to fill it in later when they add that functionality. I also see this bit of text:

> Reading Battery Level Pins
    Level0: %d (GPIO%d)
    Level1: %d (GPIO%d)

I suppose based on that, that the battery level might be readable based on the level of a couple of the GPIO pins. I'm not sure which ones are the battery.

According to the help text built into the application, executing 'power-dock -v' should make it run "verbose: lots of output", but all I get when I run that is:

/usr/bin/power-dock -v
    > Enabling Battery Indicator LEDs

Can anyone from onion.io confirm whether or not the battery level or other power information can be accessed by software running on the Omega2?

• @Zach-Fine said in Power Dock and its app to check battery level - need some more info:

power-dock application is a binary rather than a python script, but maybe the source code for it is available somewhere?

https://github.com/OnionIoT/power-dock

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.