We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Non blocking mp3 player for python

• Hi onineers , this is my first post here and I am hopeful of gaining some useful insight into my problem.
    First a brief description of my project:
    I am a scale modeller , and I want to use an omega 2 to add real time functions to my models , such as strobe lighting, propeller control and sound. My plan is to design a very small Doc that adds the required hardware support to the omega, LED drivers, PWM motor control , audio + amp , rechargeable battery control etc that will fit inside my models and be controlled via WiFi. I have prototyped all the functions and was making pretty good progress. I am now stick in trying to play mp3 (or wav) in a non blocking way from inside a python script.
    I can play a mp3 file ( engine sounds) via mpg123 from the command line have had no luck finding a python player . I have tried pygame but found it requires python 3.5 and as the OmegaExpansion module only supports 2.7 that didn't go well. Next in line was pyaudio , which needs compiling on the Omega , which raised a load of issues that I am not in the mood to go through right now. Before I bite that bullet has anybody got any suggestions on something that may work out of the box?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.