We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Queue System?

• I am working in NodeJS and started to implement a queue system. I have the que system writing to files on the tmpfs directory. Is the tmpfs directory memory resident so I dont wear out the flash? It seems that reading from the que is slower than writing, maybe 3-4 files a second vs writing files at about 50 a second.

Anyone implement any type of que system successfully?

The que system I am currently using:
    https://github.com/threez/file-queue

• @brolly759 said in Queue System?:

I am working in NodeJS and started to implement a queue system. I have the que system writing to files on the tmpfs directory. Is the tmpfs directory memory resident so I dont wear out the flash?

Yes, tmpfs is in RAM, so no problem with writing a lot there.

It seems that reading from the que is slower than writing, maybe 3-4 files a second vs writing files at about 50 a second.

That is strange - I see no reason why there should be any noticeable difference between reading and writing to tmpfs.

Of course it depends on the exact access pattern - if you write in large blocks at a time but read in tiny chunks, then there will be a performance difference due to system call overhead etc.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.