We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Expansion dock lacks of several pins including GPIO18,19

• Hi,
    My expansion dock doesn't have pins 18 neither 19 (I need PWM0), it has grounds instead.
    Is there any way of having these pins available that is not soldering on the Omega2+?

Thanks!

• @Marti-MG On the Expansion Dock GPIO 18 and 19 are free for use and available on its Expansion Header.
    Probably you are talking about the Power Dock where these GPIOs are connected to a logic gate network on the board.

• Ops, yes, totally! I bought it through kickstarter when it came and for some reason now I thought it was the expansion dock instead of the power dock, sorry.
    Anyway, I suspect there's not much I can do about it then, am I right?
    Thanks for the quick reply!

• @Marti-MG said in Expansion dock lacks of several pins including GPIO18,19:

Anyway, I suspect there's not much I can do about it then, am I right?

You could do it - but it's not too easy. 😉
    You should remove / desolder 2 SMD ICs (U6 - 6 pin SOT23 marking C145, U5 - 5 pin SOT25 marking UP - in the red box) to obtain GPIO18 and 19 near Omega's header.
    See also the official Omega-Power-Dock schematic.

0_1525242950776_power-dock.jpg
    After this mod you would lose the Power Dock Checking the Battery Level function. 😞

• @Marti-MG I hope I'm not too late.
    If you want to use GPIO18 (PWM_CH0) only then you should remove U6 the 6 pin SOT23 marking C145 SMD IC only.
    See also the official Omega-Power-Dock schematic.

After this modification Power Dock 1 remains fully functioning. You can check the battery level visually with the pover-dock command as before - but the 'battery level check' scripts will not work of course.
    Power Dock Checking the Battery Level

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.