We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to properly shutdown Omega-2?

• As far as I know, incorrect disconnection of the electronic device can damage it or the data on it. How to properly switch off the power of Omega-2?

• @CAP-33 I just know about the poweroff command in the shell. On my extension dock it shuts the omega down, but then auto-restarts. So I just pull the power after I think it powered off. Don't know of there's a better way to keep it powered down.

• @CAP-33 i have been issuing a reboot from a ssh terminal and then watch the device and when the LED goes off i remove power. so far i have not had an issue with data loss. i do remember when the device was first released the suggestion from an onion rep was just unplug it at any time.

• I have had the file system corrupt after a while with just switching it off. Is there a way to protect that? Read only?
    This could become a problem if the device is in a remote location.

• Wow, I wasn't expecting this kind of problem in an IoT device. I can't randomly plug off the device without worrying about bricking it? Have i been lucky? I've been working with some for some months now and didn't brick a single one and I indiscriminately plugged them on and off.

• Not a perfect solution,but I added a sync to my ifdown hotplug event script. So far no issues with corruption as a result of unplugging devices. Touch wood!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.