We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Would I fry my GPS extension if I plugged it into and used it on a Raspberry Pi?

• Guess the title's pretty self-explanitory...I wanna see what I can do with the data I collect using Python on the RPI

• There's good news and not so good news.

The O2+ USB port is industry standard. As such plugging it into a Pi would cause no harm. That's the good news.

I had hoped to find the GPS device show up in the /dev/ tree, perhaps even as /dev/ttyACM0 as the guide indicates (https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/using-gps-expansion.html#using-gps-expansion). After a few brief minutes of dabbling I didn't find it in the file system (Pi B). There are differences in the file system tree, particularly in /dev/char/ with the GPS expansion plugged in or not. So, it's there, but just needs a little more research (perhaps tomorrow??). The core issue is there is no driver on the Pi that would map the physical device to a nice, clean, predictable mount point.

If you're interested, perhaps we could collaborate over the next handful of days to pull some more layers off the onion.

take care!
    Bill

• you might find some clues by researching either the hologram dash or the hologram nova. the dash was in development about the time of the onion gps module and the nova is the newest gps module which is similar usb module. there are several guides on net explaining how to setup nova on rpi which might help setup onion gps on rpi.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.