We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Can't install any packages at all using opkg install on Onion Omega2 Pro [RESOLVED]

• @Yvan-Gagnon Edit the '/etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf' file with vi and enable (uncommment) the
    '... openwrt.org/releases/18.06-SNAPSHOT/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages' line.

opkg update
    opkg list | grep -i <some_keyword>

# Omega2 Pro light v0.3.1 b214 :-)
    # for example

root@Omega-99A5:~# opkg list | grep -i nano
    nano - 3.2-1 - Nano (Nano's ANOther editor, or Not ANOther editor) is an enhanced clone of the Pico text editor.

root@Omega-99A5:~# opkg list | grep -i node
    ibrdtn-tools - 1.0.1-1 - The IBR-DTN Tools include functionality for sending and receiving files (dtnsend/dtnrecv) and a tools to ping a DTN node (dtnping).
    kadnode - 2.2.0-2 - A P2P DNS system based on the BitTorrent network. It can be used as a decentralized DynDNS service.
    libuv - 1.19.2-1 - libuv is a multi-platform support library with a focus on asynchronous I/O. It was primarily developed for use by Node.js, but it's also used by Luvit, Julia, pyuv, and others.
    muninlite - 1.0.4-8 - Munin node implemented in shell
    node - v8.10.0-3 - Node.js® is a JavaScript runtime built on Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient. Node.js' package ecosystem, npm, is the largest ecosystem of open source libraries in the world.
    node-npm - v8.10.0-3 - NPM is the package manager for NodeJS
    onion-node-red - 0.19.5-1 - Flow-based development tool for visual programming
    oos-app-nodered - 1.0.0-1 - Node-Red : Node-Red Graphical Programming interface [Omega2 Pro]

root@Omega-99A5:~# opkg list | grep -i npm
    node - v8.10.0-3 - Node.js® is a JavaScript runtime built on Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient. Node.js' package ecosystem, npm, is the largest ecosystem of open source libraries in the world.
    node-npm - v8.10.0-3 - NPM is the package manager for NodeJS

Unfortunately I didn't find anything about that blink-library.

Good luck.

• Actually -- the correct spelling is "blynk-library", and I wasn't able to locate the package either. So I guess these articles must be completely wrong or outdated then?

https://onion.io/2bt-blynk-omega/

https://www.instructables.com/id/Blynk-and-Omega2-Love/

-- Yvan

• Thank you by the way. I has already figured out how to uncomment those lines in my distfeeds.conf file and to install nano. But I just now learned that the npm package is named "node-npm" and I'm installing it as we speak.

-- Yvan

• administrators

To chime in: see our updated Installing and Using NodeJS documentation article for instructions on installing Node and npm v8.10

@Yvan-Gagnon can you please add [resolved] to the post title?

EDIT:
    for anybody looking for the solution to installing blynk-library, the instructions in the blog post have been updated.
    as per this other post on the subject.
    In a nutshell, blynk-library can now be installed using npm.

• @Lazar-Demin I just tried installing node following the same (updated) directions on a brand new onion 2+ and got the same error,

root@Omega-63D5:~# opkg install node
    Unknown package 'node'.
    Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package node.

• Would you try this?

opkg update
    opkg install nodejs
    opkg install npm

• @davidsi I get the same error

• New to the forum and encountered the same. I was trying to install NodeJS. Thanks to @György-Farkas, got it going with:

opkg install node-npm

Cheers

• administrators

A helpful tip: you can use opkg to list out all of the packages available to install. Then you can use grep to search the list for packages you're interested in.

More on this under the Finding packages to install heading here: http://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/using-opkg.html#how-to-use-the-package-manager

• 3 easy steps to find if your package is available :

1. Edit /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf and uncomment line 2 and 5
    2. opkg update
    3. opkg list | grep -i <package name>

Where <package name> is the minimum string to identify the package, for instance to find sqlite packages use opkg list | grep -i sqlite results are:

libsqlite3 - 3310100-1
    sqlite3-cli - 3310100-1

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.