We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

single ubus failure during boot sequence

• By chance I spotted the following error message during the boot sequence (2nd to last line):

[   13.090883] procd: - early -
    [   13.093928] procd: - watchdog -
    [   13.895493] procd: - watchdog -
    [   13.898961] procd: - ubus -
    [   14.005720] random: jshn: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)
    [   14.026774] random: ubusd: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)
    [   14.137722] random: ubusd: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)
    Command failed: Not found
    [   14.154711] procd: - init -

This error message appears to originate from within the ubus command, usually issued when a call object doesn't exist (invalid method calls throw a different error). So I was wondering if this is some kind of race condition (not ready yet) as opposed to an altogether invalid call.

My other Omega (non-LTE) boards don't exhibit this problem.

It doesn't appear to affect the boards function but I'm curious. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!

• @Marko-Lukat if you start with debugging you might get more info but ubus will report an error if a function is called that does not exist. Ubus functions only exist once the application/service providing has started and register the function.

My custom app provides several ubus functions, if you call those functions when my app is not running those functions will not be registered so any call to the function will fail.

The error you show does not look like a ubus error, it just happens to follow some ubus related messages, I would look in rc.local or it may be a hotplug script issue.

• Meanwhile I fixed up a custom version of ubus which prints the actual command line when Command failed is triggered:

ubus call service set { "name": "usbmode", "script": "\/etc\/init.d\/usbmode", "instances": { "instance1": { "command": [ "\/sbin\/usbmode", "-s" ] } }, "triggers": [ ], "data": { } }
    Command failed: Not found

Under normal circumstances this just works. Which suggests service is not yet available at the time the error is thrown.

• @Marko-Lukat Yes that is correct, it seems that the ubus has not yet registered the "service" handler maybe you need to look at your init.d scripts, the load order might be out of the required sequence.

• @crispyoz said in single ubus failure during boot sequence:

... maybe you need to look at your init.d scripts, the load order might be out of the required sequence.

FWIW, that's the out-of-the-box firmware for the LTE board (with mosquitto disabled).

• @Marko-Lukat Sorry I don't have a Omega LTE so I cannot test but from your report it seems you are missing /sbin/usbmode binary. I can't see it in the repos and not in the firmware source pool, so maybe check if you have the latest firmware build installed.
    http://repo.onioniot.com/omega2/images/

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.