We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2 Pro - can I detect main power/switch to battery programatically?

• I'm running my Omega2 pro via a 5v USB feed at the moment, and there's a LiPo battery also plugged in for backup. If I disconnect the main power it switches over just fine but what I want to do is to be able to detect that this (and vice versa) when it returns.

Is there any way I can do this via software, preferably with Python(3) as I want to be able to raise a notification?

• @peter-garner-0

Any takers? I'm keen to know as I did a battery test yesterday and achieved just over 12 hours with a 3000mAh LiPo battery. Initially the Omega was just idling, but then I set up a wget my homepage in a loop to give it some exercise. Very impressive.

If I can query it programatically I can then either shut it down gracefully or get the proxy to divert.

• Perhaps you could connect (via a voltage divider) the 5V to a GPIO or A/D input?
    Regds,
    Dave

• @David-Kerr thanks - i'd considered the hardware option but I don't want to damage my board šŸ˜

I will have a poke around the power-dock-2 script and see if i can figure something out from that.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.