We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Powering through the 30pin expansion socket.

• Powering the onion through the 30 pin expansion socket. I would like to build a board that will mount on the 30 pin expansion socket and feed the board with 5vdc through the expansion socket is this possible or is it only for feeding external devices.

• @omondtong I'm not an engineer so I can't advise you but you can take a look at the docs on how to power an Omega2 using a breadboard here:

http://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/hardware-prep-no-dock.html

I'm not sure what you mean about the "expansion socket" because that suggests you have a dock, which would then be the logical way to power the device.

• Hello and thank you for your reply, So yes I have the dock but don't want to use the USB micro socket to power the onion. What I want to do is design a board that mounts on the 30 pin expansion socket to give me access to other things like 12c, SPI ect. but also want to have a 24VDC to 5 VDC supply on this board and want to feed the 5VDC into the expansion socket if this is possible?

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.