We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Acces point cloud

• Hello everyone!

I have a simple question, how can you acces the point cloud of the camera? Or is points_3d the point cloud?

I have been experimenting with both the Tau Lidar camera and an external library called open3d, which is used to visualize point clouds. I tried to use points_3d to visualize the point cloud by converting it into a .ply file, but noticed the point cloud wasn't as accurate as i had hoped it to be.

Here are some examples as to what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/5yfgAZp
    A screenshot from what the camera sees (wooden block):
    1 - ZurgT6c.png

A screenshot from what the point cloud sees (wooden block):
    2 - pHnHVqd.png

A screenshot from what the camera sees (stairs):
    3 - fkXNwCo.png

A screenshot from what the point cloud sees (stairs):
    4 - JukF5zi.png

This is something similiar to what I expect/desire, an accurate point cloud based of what the camera sees:
    5 - nDJI8Wf.png

What is the correct way of getting the point cloud from the camera? Or is the points_3d list indeed the point cloud, but is it not getting an accurate result due to, for example, an incorrect integration time?

Thanks in advance for any help! I would love to hear what I am doing wrong or how I could get my wanted result. I would even be grateful for an explenation of how to actually get the point cloud. Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.