We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2+ Temperature

• Hi, I made my own dock circuit, and I'm powering it with an AMS1117, it works well, but it gets hot.
    When using the expansion dock, the case of Omega2+ hits 43 degrees Celcius, but in my own circuit, it goes to 53 degrees.
    Would the regulator be the reason for the heating up?
    Any other detail that I may be missing on my design that is making it to get the extra 10 degrees?
    Attached is the relevant circuit.
    7d440d42-b44a-4a23-9ff4-ade432b53c6a-image.png

• ArgusR, AMS1117 is too low power for Omega2+. Please use something in TO220 case - LF33, LM317, etc.
    I am using LF33, it's cold. I installed it to small radiator, but it is unneeded by fact.

• Well, you are correct, the extra heat seems to be because of the ams1117. I already had another mp1584 providing 3.3V to the same circuit, I just add a FET to switch it to omega to power on and now I'm under 50 degrees Celcius.
    My problem now is that I found out that omega cannot have anything connected to TX1 while booting, will open another thread to get some help on that.
    Thanks for the help.

• I found a workaround for my serial connection, just put the microcontroller in deep sleep before trying to awake Omega, this is enough to let it boot correctly. Will not be opening a new thread with that.
    Thanks

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.