We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Available UARTs

• It was not clear in the documentation, but how many UARTs are available on the Onion Omega? I know there is one, but is there more?

Reason being is that I noticed the GPS expansion uses USB and obviously uses a USB serial port, but my application requires a USB port for audio capture via USB sound card. So I need GPS and USB audio.

Was the reason for the decision to use a USB serial port on the GPS expansion because the Omega only has one UART? None of this is clear in the limited documentation.

• administrators

@Jonathan-Rizzo The Omega has one UART available. We chose to use a USB serial port on the GPS Expansion because we are generally planning to move to USB-based expansions and the interface for this particular use case is very simple.

We're working on expanding our hardware documentation, thank you for your patience and stay tuned!

• Thank you for the reply! What solution would you have then, for use of multiple USB devices or more than one serial device for a battery powered application? Possibly this SoC wasn't made for applications for that, but maybe expansion boards could be made with USB hub controllers and a connection for an external power supply. I certainly would pay the extra cost.

• @Jonathan-Rizzo Yup, it's certainly in our pipelines!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.