We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Making space

• I have a Bluetooth dongle plugged in to the USB port. I want to run Python and see if I can get Bluetooth to work, as I want to use the onion as a BLE beacon scanner. However, I don't have enough space.

What can I remove to free up space without breaking anything?

• @mark-doutre While I don't know what packages could be removed to save space, normal way to give yourself more space is to use a USB drive and follow the instructions here: https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Using-USB-Storage-as-Rootfs

However, since to do this you need to connect both the Bluetooth dongle to USB port, I have two suggestions that may be worth exploring:

1. If physical space is not a constraint to you, connect a USB hub to the USB port and connect your Bluetooth dongle and a USB drive to the hub and use the information above.

2. While I am not a Python user or expert, and don't know what else you have on your Omega, and don't know which Python package you are installing, I believe others are successfully running Python without extra storage.
      I note that there are (at least) 3 different Python packages: python, python-3, and python-light.
      I understand that in general others are using python-light and it might be worth you trying this (if you are not doing so already) so long as it is not missing libraries you need

• I'm currently running Python-light. I think the best option would be to get a BLE board and connect it to the UART. That way I can use the usb to expand the file system. But then I have to write a UART interface...

• @mark-doutre Alternatively, you could see if you could find a Bluetooth board that had I2C interface - I couldn't find one (though possibly BLE112 might be worth looking at - see: https://www.bluegiga.com/en-US/products/ble112-bluetooth-smart-module/), I really only found Bluetooth boards with either UART or SPI.

You could possibly use an I2C to UART bridge or an I2C to SPI bridge - these seem to be relatively available.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.