We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to access Console apps remotely?

• I plugged my Microsoft HD LifeCam (don't know the model number) into my Omega, and I am able to use it with ease through the Console's WebCam app!

What do I need to do to be able to access this remotely, like from a laptop/smartphone connected to the Internet? Locally I can access the Omega by its IP address assigned by my router if I am logged into the same home network (the Omega is connected to the router via WiFi), but to make the Omega visible to the outside world I'm imagining that I have to to some port forwarding and maybe run a service on the Omega to make it a remote client. If the camera was plugged into a Windows computer I could just use TeamViewer or other remote control app, but does something similar exist for the Omega?

Ultimately I'd like to have a PIR (or similar) sensor detect motion and have the Omega send me an alert through the cloud (using IFTTT), and then I can log into the Omega remotely and use the Console's WebCam app to see what the camera sees. I'm comfortable setting up my router for whatever port/service is required - I just don't know where to begin!

• Hi @Jeff-Verive: That is what the Onion Cloud will eventually allow you to do. But for now you can do what's called a SSH reverse tunnel. To do this you will need to have a linux server somewhere. Then, just follow this tutorial to forward traffic going to your server to the Omega.

The tutorial can be found here: https://www.howtoforge.com/reverse-ssh-tunneling.

Let us know if you have any question!

• You need to tell your router to provide the external address(also called WAN address) to your omega based on omega's mac address. This is also called DMZ or Port-forwarding.
    Your mileage my vary, but this is possible to be done without much work. Call to your's ISPs support to get the right instructions.

Regards,
    Vinicius

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.