We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Trying to download libraries for I2C and Oled but I get Unknown package

• I think am going nuts!
    I have upgraded my Omega to the latest firmware
    Ω-ware: 0.1.2 b327 is shown on top of the screen window

and I am trying to install the pyOledExp package, so I am doing
    opkg update (everything seems ok here)
    opkg install pyOledExp (from this line I get the following error)

Unknown package 'pyOledExp'.
    Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pyOledExp.

opkg list | grep -i pyOledExp returns nothing
    The same happens for pyOnionI2C

What am I doing wrong? Please help

• @Klitos If is any help getting the same error for the install for luci might not be the same reason but thought I would post and see if yours gets resolved. Then I can try it with my failure.

# opkg install luci
    Unknown package 'luci'.
    Collected errors:
     * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

• I think there is a problem with opkg not updating it's list of omega packages or something, I am not sure and I have not searched in that direction.
    (wild guess and a long shot. I am running omega on a mini-dock, could it behave differently if I was on expansion-dock, since these peripherals are for the expansion dock?)

As a workaround I downloaded pyOledExp package manually from http://repo.onion.io/omega/
    and installed it with opkg install. I had to also download the pyOmegaExpansion that is a dependency, but the trick was done and I can now use the libraries on my python scripts

To Guest(whoever you are), I do not see a luci package in the onion repo 😞

• @Klitos No problem there might be a reason it is not included but was curious when you downloaded the packages what command did you use to locally install them?

• @Guest said in Trying to download libraries for I2C and Oled but I get Unknown package:

@Klitos No problem there might be a reason it is not included but was curious when you downloaded the packages what command did you use to locally install them?

If you have downloaded the package.ipk you can install it using
    opkg install package.ipk

• @Klitos Thank you for responding. This might be an obvious answer but where does the opkg install look for the downloaded package you are attempting to install? Guessing there must be a default location to drop the package into?

• administrators

@Klitos Are you running the latest firmware? Upgrade instructions can be found on the wiki.

If you're on the latest firmware and it still doesn't work, can you run cat /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf and paste the output?

• I'm having the same problem. I am on the latest firmware I think. The changelog on the wiki stops at 0.1.2 so I can't verify that oupgrade is correct in telling me that 0.1.3 b328 is the latest. I also did a factory reset, and then ran 'opkg update'.

/etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf includes "src/gz chaos_calmer_onion http://repo.onion.io/omega/packages"

I had to manually go to repo.onion.io, which is 403 forbidden before trying repo.onion.io/omega, downloading the packages as stated above, and installing them that way.

So far these types of problems have wasted hours of my time, I bought this product expecting it to work and am starting to lose patience. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide that will help.

• administrators

@Mitch-Polifka Sorry about the issues!
    Can you please copy+paste the output when you run:

opkg update
    opkg install pyOnionI2C

Let's try to resolve this issue so yourself and others can go back to having fun with the Omega!

• It seems a range of packages are unreachable:

root@Omega-1A1C:~# oupgrade -check                                                                                            
    > Device Firmware Version: 0.1.3 b328                                                                                         
    > Checking latest version online...                                                                                           
    > Repo Firmware Version: 0.1.3 b328                                                                                           
    > Comparing version numbers                                                                                                   
    > Device firmware is up to date!                                                                                              
    root@Omega-1A1C:~# opkg install pyOnionI2C pyOledExp                                                                          
    Unknown package 'pyOnionI2C'.                                                                                                 
    Unknown package 'pyOledExp'.                                                                                                  
    Collected errors:                                                                                                             
     * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pyOnionI2C.                                                                       
     * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pyOledExp.

I have noticed a failed signature on updating the package list:

root@Omega-1A1C:~# opkg update
    Downloading http://repo.onion.io/omega/packages/Packages.sig.                                                                 
    Signature check failed.                                                                                                       
    Remove wrong Signature file.

Would that be the origin of the problem?

• administrators

@Eric-Platon @Mitch-Polifka
    Yes, the Signature check failed during opkg update is definitely the origin of the problem.

Please do a factory restore of your Omega and try again, it should work after that. If it doesn't, do let me know!

• administrators

@Eric-Platon @Mitch-Polifka
    The underlying issue has been resolved, please upgrade to firmware 0.1.4!
    You will then be able to access the packages in the Onion repo!

• Hi guys,

I was too busy since I created the topic and did not follow your answers
    @Lazar-Demin I am glad there is a fix to this bug and I am sorry I was not able to provide what you asked for. In the comming days I will try to test the new firmware and confirm the problem resolved.

Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.