We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Cloud on OpenWRT

• Hello guys,

I have several Onions in my house now doing many things. I wanted to do some sort of distributed control setup but things are getting a little difficult to manage.

I am now implementing a central control in my OpenWRT router. I am using one of the omegas to relay commands from the internet (Onion Cloud) to the router via sockets.

I have thought of several alternatives, pagekite, etc..., however the Onion Cloud seems to be the best thing I can think of right now. Can I add my OpenWRT router to the Onion Cloud? Is this allowed? I have 3 (soon to be 5) devices in my house connected to the Onion Cloud. I would much rather connect 1 (my OpenWRT router) to the cloud and manage the Onions through that. Is it at all possible? (the answer to this is probably yes, but the real question is...) Is it allowed?

Thanks!

• Just to prevent a very annoying system paralysis due to an Internet outage, I would recommend for you to have more autonomous Omegas, and for that to happen, they must have the ability to communicate with each others DIRECTLY. One tool you can use for that is libubox.
    https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/libubox

• Thanks,

My system is completely autonomous. I use python sockets to do this. However, I would like to add my openwrt router to the onion cloud and not relay messages to it. Think this is possible?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.