Basically, instead of connecting the Omerga2's Ethernet port to a Modem, it's connected directly to a Web Server with a static IP. See attached diagram.
I can connect my phone to the AP, but when I type in the web address (192.168.1.250) I get a message saying can't reach that page.
@valerionew , yes, you are correct. prior to building a copy of your dock\new i had used a simple rj45 dongle thru usb on expansion dock. first tim i plugged it in i was surprised a bit that omega2+ had recognized it but i found that the action on that web page you link was necessary for the dongle so in building the dock\new i assumed it would be necessary but i was not positive. anyway, thank you for mentioning it.
I saw that Omega 1 schematic diagram before.
It was a surprise since it's different than all those Ethernet MagicJack's diagrams from several mfgs. The standard design is Tx out goes to RJ45's pin 1/2 (the Tx pair) and Rx out goes to 3/6 (Rx) pair.
Guess the diagram you've cited is built for "naturally cross-over" for unknown reasons.
@Chris-Stratton I'm not sure it is power but not really sure how I can test that? Currently it is drawing the power and serial via my MacBook Pro's USB port, if I power via a PSU I lose my serial connection to trigger the upgrade at all.
I did also try ensuring only the upgrade file was on the stick, it's very odd that the 4GB isn't working but the 128GB is. I am going to try and find a major brand smaller stick, Sandisk or whatever, just in case the stick itself is oddly configured/designed.
Any suggestions for how to test things are appreciated!
Only from the start to the 'bootconsole [early0] disabled' lines I got this:
That suggests that the issue is with U-Boot's configuration of the UART, rather than the configuration Linux eventually establishes when it starts using the serial port in the way it will when fully booted.
As I've said before, slight innacuracy serial baud rate may be the issue, especially if it shows up with some things on the other end of the serial cable and not others. There are various ways of configuring baud rate generation in the MT7688 UART, some of which will give more accurate results than others.
Other suspects include loose connections, or power situations where some of the supply return current is flowing through the serial connection's ground, introducing a voltage drop there and thus difference in effective ground levels. The observed early vs. ultimate console difference would seemingly point away from that possibility, but then power consumption is different at different points during boot.
@Shashi-Alabur Since you can connect via SSH, if you are working in Windows then take a look at WinSCP, Onion has good instructions here. WinSCP enables you to use your familiar Windows editor with the Omega's files.
Re the Onion Console not connecting - try using another browser - Chrome or Firefox or try clearing the cache in your browser. If these fail, maybe time to factory-reset or update firmware.
Also note that MT7688 does not have a crypto accelerator module inside to help the encryption/decryption process thus the poor CPU will have to do the hard labor.
I'd suggest: give that CPU/SoC a break and let it do what it is designed to do; no more and no less.