Omega Dock power issue?

• Hello,

i've connected BMP280 sensor to Omega's Dock (3.3v) and collecting a temperature and pressure data via I2C. Sometimes i'm getting higher or lower values, as a result it looks like a spikes on graphs. I'm using a regular phone USB charger as a power source.
    So, looks like the Dock is not good enough to stabilize the voltage?

0_1477132817025_pres (3).png

• I have a BME280 -- very similar; it includes temperature and humidity in the same package; they might actually be the same product, just with one part zapped -- and it's reporting fine without spikes. I'm doing the same kind of graphing job, I think.

I'm feeding the Expansion Dock with 5V from a good power supply with a barrel connector, rather than a USB charger. A power supply and a charger are quite different, though: chargers tend not to provide good power, especially third-party/no-names/knockoffs. I doubt the Expansion Dock will stabilize that well enough. I'd suggest getting hold of an authentic Apple USB charger temporarily just to see if it makes a difference, as I've found them to be of much better (smoother) electrical quality than others.

Hope that helps!

• and/or use a scope and amp meter on the DC power lines to see if there's an issue.

Looks like your connection to Onion Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.