Omega mini dock

• I read on here a couple of weeks ago that apparently the original mini dock doesn't work fully with
    the Omega 2+ (reset button). When will a newer mini dock be available on the Onion store?

• @Anders-Öster
    It is / was not a hardware problem.

@Lazar-Demin said in Omega2+: reboot and sd card fixed!:

As of firmware b143, reboot and mounting/reading/writing SD cards has been fixed!

So theoretically ;) the BUTTON (called RESET BUTTON) should work with all firmwares since omega2-v0.1.7-b143.bin 12-Jan-2017 22:45.

• Hmm maybe so. But I need to do factory reset by holding the reset button on booting, and doesn't seem to work.
    I saw in som ethread here someone mentioned that the reset button of the original mini dock doesn't work when trying to do that.

• @Anders-Öster That is my experience - the reset button on the original Mini Docks doesn't work with the Omega 2s. You can do the resets on Omega2 by connecting a wire from the 3V3 pin to the FW RST pin for the appropriate time. This topic has more detail about wiring a reset.

• @Anders-Öster said in Omega mini dock:

But I need to do factory reset by holding the reset button on booting, and doesn't seem to work.

Simply connect the (FW RST --- 38) labeled pin to HIGH level (+3.3V is a good choice) more than 10 seconds - with or without a dock.
    I am afraid a factory restore can be triggered on a working (ie not bricked) Omega2+ only.

• Thanks to both, I wil try with a wire.

@György-Farkas - by pressing the reset button duriing boot you can access a menu and choose to flash the Omega 2+ from USB even when it is bricked as I understand it.