We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Best 24+ hour battery solution

• Can anyone recommend a 24 hour battery solution? 3 days would be even better. Very large LIPO batteries seem to be expensive. I was considering a power dock and USB power bank (the sort that charges phones). Will the power dock light up the indicator LEDs if I do this, burning power? Is there anything else on the power dock that will consume power?
    I also need 5V for a sensor.

Any other solutions? I am still trying to decide whether to do this design as my first Omega2 project, or do it with AVR which will take a lot longer, but I could do a really low power AVR solution.

Thanks,
    David

• Omega is not really a solution if you plan using it with other power source than USB adapter.
    I would recommend going for the AVRs and if you need for example Wi-Fi, you might consider connecting AVR to ESP8266 and so on.

Properly prepared AVR-ESP stack can be ran on standard batteries for many weeks, even months (of course it strictly depends on your project).

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.