/sbin/uci: I/O error

• Hello,

I have an Onion Omega 2 running via the Arduino Dock 2. I am trying to setup wifi using the wifisetup command. After I select a network to connect to, I get the following error:

uci: I/O error

Restarting wifimanager for changes to take effect

root@omega-9f#8:-# /sbin/uci: I/O error

I would appreciate some help in figuring out this error.

• @Aman-Chawla I saw this a few times myself. In my case I had done something resulting in memory getting mounted as read only, of course without realizing that had indeed happened. Therefore the uci parameter change could not be saved. Is there a chance your system is currently read only?

• @William-Scott Thanks for your reply. How would I check that my device is not read-only at the moment?

• See if you can touch a file in /etc/config. For example,

cd /etc/config
    touch tempfile
    ls -la

Is a file called tempfile there? If so, your file system isn't mounted read only as you just wrote to it. If there's a problem the "touch" command likely would have failed.

Bear in mind there may dozens of reasons for a uci I/O error, my problem was merely one.

• @William-Scott Thanks Bill, it does seem that my system is read-only. For example, when I just login to the device, I get the message:

``Your JFFS2-partition seems full and overlayfs is mounted read-only. Please try to remove files from /overlay/upper/.... and reboot.''

Also, when I type in

cd /etc/config
    touch tempfile

I get the message: touch: tempfile: Read-only file system

• @Aman-Chawla Looks like you nailed it! Now figure out why the file system is filled up and you'll be good to go.

Looks like your connection to Onion Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.