Wifi Scan

• Hello

For some reason it doesn't work to scan for wifi networks while your in the AP network on the webserver of the Omega.
    I tried it over Ajax->PHP->Shell and then returning the json string. It just loads...
    Then I tried the setup wizard just to look how Onion solved this problem, but it's not working there either.

I don't think scanning for networks on boot or something like that, is a Solution.
    You should be able to scan for networks over a webserver and it works fine if your connected to the omega over the local network.

Any suggestions?

• administrators

@Fabian-Nydegger-0 You can scan the WiFi networks using a single ubus command:

ubus call onion wifi-scan "{'device':'ra0'}"

The wifisetup (not setup wizard as you mentioned) gets you through the process of connecting to available AP's. Also, wifisetup utility is an open source program that you can take a look in Our GitHub Repo

• I want to setup the onion over my own Webserver, the only problem I have is:

echo shell_exec("ubus call onion wifi-scan \"{'device':'ra0'}\"");

calling this command in the php script over the Webserver while being in the AP Network of the Omega, causes an infinit loop.

Can I avoid this somehow?

• I totaly forgot about the Bonjour Service thats why it didn't worked, usally I just set it up using the command-line.

Is there a way to to scan for Networks while setting up the omega without the Bonjour Service?

Looks like your connection to Onion Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.