Clarifications on the Bluetooth Speaker project tutorial
A few questions about the project here: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-project-book-vol1/bluetooth-audio-speaker.html
- In the BOM it says "We found the Power Dock especially useful". I fail to understand why the Power Dock would be any more useful than the Mini Dock for this project. What is it that I don't see?
- The BOM also says to use a Onion Bluetooth Expansion. Is there any reason it would have to be an Onion BLE expansion or would any USB-BLE-adapter work?
- How would you power this thing? How about this for a on-the-go solution:
- Power the ghettoblaster from batteries (either internal or from external LiPo)
- Use a Mini Dock
- Power the Mini Dock from ghettoblaster through buck/boost converter for 5V and micro USB cable
- A 2-port USB hub would be enough (as listed in the BOM).
Is there any indication how much power this whole package (Omega, BLE adapter, USB audio adapter) will draw?
No feedback from Onion in 30d? Pity.