We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Access Point not avaible

• After booting the Onion Omega the access point doesnt appear in my wifi list. Trying to connect via 192.168.3.1 or with ssh doesnt work either. how can I reach the Onion Omega2

• I had the same trouble after upgrading. I ended up reflashing the omega via SD with a lower firmware and then upgrading again via putty.

• @Ger-Buurman-0
    Which dock are you using?

• I used an expansion dock. There is a guide in onion docs called firmware flashing from USB storage that I followed

• @Matthew-Beinke
    It looks like you need to go the serial connection route then. I suggest that you start here FAQ: How do I connect to the Omega via Serial?

@Ger-Buurman-0
    If you are using the same dock, then I suggest the same connection option, serial. Once connected over the serial interface, you can troubleshoot further.

Or if you just want to blow away the current firmware rather than troubleshoot, try @Matthew-Beinke 's suggestion. It may well be less time consuming.

• @cas If I understand well @Matthew-Beinke has already resolved his problem.
    Fortunately he told us lots of details. 😉
    He has an Omega2(?), an Expansion Dock and a PC (probably with Windows).
    Omega's previous FW was v0.x.x bxxx.
    He can use PuTTY so he can see everything on the Serial Console.
    He used this method: Firmware Flashing from USB Storage
    He wrote:

I had the same trouble after upgrading. I ended up reflashing the omega via SD with a lower firmware and then upgrading again via putty.

So I guess

• he upgraded that Omega2 with this command to v0.x.x bxxx and "had the same trouble" as OP
    • he downgraded that Omega2 using the above method to v0.x.x bxxx ("via SD" can be a typo)
    • he upgraded that Omega2 with this command to v0.x.x bxxx ("via putty" ???) - Done! 🙂
    • (his proposal:) OP follow these steps!

Yes. The Serial Console is a great troubleshooting tool (too) and the above method can be the solution (although - I think - the downgrading is not needed at all).

Finally, questions to @Ger-Buurman-0 Please let us know what about the amber LED (ie. can your Omega2(?) perform a successful boot)?
    (if yes) Have you ever tried to make a Factory Reset (for example with the RESET BUTTON)?

• Sorry I should have explained further. Originally I upgraded to latest firmware via onion console. Once the upgrade completed any wireless connection to my omega2+ ceased to function. I tried to reset quite a few times holding reset button but things didn't improve. I thought maybe there was a problem with the newer firmware so I followed the firmware flashing from USB storage guide to downgrade to a randomly chosen firmware from the omega firmware repo. Once this completed my omega was alive again. I then connected through SSH and ran oupgrade. My omega is now on the latest firmware and working. Sorry if I have any terminology wrong.

• Hi Cas, I am using Omega 2+, flashing is a good option but the Omega is truly bricked so I have to do it slightly different 😉
    Fiets, I think, I need to create a USB with the necessary sw and then use the usb on the omega to reboot and flashing. Yes/No? The omega can t be used at the moment. Help

• @Matthew-Beinke No problem. Your previous posts were understandable enough but too "laconic" - maybe just for me. Unfortunately I can't write in so concise style. 😞
    Your proposal to OP - follow me and try to use the Firmware Flashing from USB method - is correct.
    Thanks for your response.

• @Matthew-Beinke , @György-Farkas
    Did you already decide that the OP has all the necessary tools? 😉

@Ger-Buurman-0
    Flashing, while probably the easiest and the most reliable recovery tool, is only useful if you have an expansion dock - it provides the usb and serial interfaces that you will require for the flashing process.

Do you have an expansion dock?

If you are powering your O2+ without a dock, or with a mini or power dock you are going to need a different solution - none of which are particularly as simple as using an expansion dock. If you don't have one, I'd suggest you start with getting one of those and even consider an ethernet expansion in case you ever have to reflash the bootloader.

Actually, if you are powering the O2+ without a dock, it may not even be bricked at all. Follow the recommended method to power it properly and see if that resolves your problem.

• @cas said in Access Point not avaible:

Did you already decide that the OP has all the necessary tools? 😉

No, I didn't. I know almost nothing about OP's system. (OP has an Omega2+. Full stop. / Period.)
    So I asked "Please let us know what about the amber LED (ie. can your Omega2(?) perform a successful boot)?".

Flashing, while probably the easiest and the most reliable recovery tool, is only useful if you have an expansion dock - it provides the usb and serial interfaces that you will require for the flashing process.

Firmware Flashing from USB Storage
    As you know on the Omega2(+) side we will need the following HW ingredients:

• the RESET BUTTON
    • any possibility to make a Serial Console connection
    • a USB host port

So we can use the Expansion Dock and the Mini Dock out of the box.
    The Arduino Dock 2 can be used - for example - with an external USB-to-Serial converter module / cable. (IMO this solution is much better than the onboard CP2102 chip.)
    It's fairly easy to add these HW components to a Breadboard Dock or even a well powered bare-bone Omega2(+).
    These modifications have already been discussed earlier on the forum many times.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.