We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Can't get Omega2 to connect to my home wifi

• I've reflashed it from usb, I've reset it to factory settings. No matter what I do it won't connect. I've reset the ip address to eliminate collisions. I've even downloaded old firmware to see if i can get it to connect. I've had it for some time and have gotten it to connect before, but not lately.

0_1560604413525_Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.13.17 AM.png

0_1560604212520_Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.07.07 AM.png
    0_1560604225531_Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.07.53 AM.png

• The most common issues I've had regarding wifi is a weak signal. The first step is to get as close to the wifi source as possible. I use the hotspot on my android that is right next to the Onion and it works every time.

• I agree a weak signal is my most common issue. Also check you have the wifi password is correct.

Are you really using WEP? Have you used option 1 "Scan for wifi..." this will find your network and most times automatically select the encryption type correctly.

Also I have had an issue where I restored to factory firmware or install another firmware from the repo and the network never works. If you reboot via the serial console:

https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/connecting-to-the-omega-terminal.html#connecting-to-the-omega-terminal-serial

Check and see if the Warp Core wifi device driver is loading, if it isn't then this will be your problem.

Copy the new firmware to /tmp and run the command:

sysupgrade -n <firmware file>

The "-n" blows away your confirguration which is not what the factory reset seems to do reliably. I've fixed 6 separate Omega2+ using htis method.

Now reboot while connected to the serial console and see if the warp core wifi driver banner is shown.

hth

Chris

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.