Omega2S failure to join WiFi from MacOS Mojave
Hello group! For the past several months, both of my MacOS Mojave (10.14.6) computers have failed to join my Omega 2Ss' access-point Wi-Fi networks. I have duplicated this problem with two Mac computers and two Omegas. It is not a single-instance failure. However, my iPhones and iPads have no trouble joining the Omegas' Wi-Fi AP networks. Additionally, my Macs had no trouble joining the Omega Wi-Fi AP networks several months ago (before I upgraded the MacOS machines to 10.14.6 Mojave.)
This makes me think that there is specifically an incompatibility between MacOS 10.14.6 and my current Omega Wi-Fi firmware, which is:
root@Omega-1979:~# uname -a
Linux Omega-1979 4.4.74 #0 Tue Jul 31 16:32:08 2018 mips GNU/Linux
The exact symptoms are:
- my Macs can see the Omega Wi-Fi AP network
- I select the Omega Wi-Fi AP network from the Mac Wi-Fi menu
- The Mac presents a dialog asking to enter a WPA password
- I enter the password (I'm sure I'm doing this correctly)
- There is a ~30-second pause
- The Mac presents an error dialog saying "Connection failed" with no further information.
- There is an Apple Wi-Fi Diagnostics tool, which unfortunately requires me to join the Omega WI-Fi network to debug further, and so cannot help either.
- Has anybody else experienced this problem?
- Any suggestions for further debugging?
Note: I just restored my Omega to factory defaults (by pressing and holding the reset button on the Dock). The Omega can successfully join my home Wi-Fi network, which is a 2.4 GHz Apple AirPort Extreme router. After it joined, I typed "oupgrade" to check for latest firmware. Result:
Device Firmware Version: 0.2.2 b200
Checking latest version online...
Repo Firmware Version: 0.2.2 b200
Comparing version numbers
Device firmware is up to date!
However, the problem described in my original post persists. My macOS 10.14.6 computers can see the Omega's Wi-Fi AP network (which has the default name, "Omega-1979" and password "12345678"), but they cannot join it.
So ... help!
@Tim-DeBenedictis what happens if you have no encryption selected?
I also use Mojave (latest release) and I have not had trouble connecting to Onion.
Perhaps, though, there is an issue in a driver for a specific WiFi device that was released in Mojave 10.14.6. What macs do you have?