omega2+ gone non-responsive

• Omega 2+ has gone non-responsive. No wifi hotspot showing up.
    Serial port console (TX0 pin 12 of surface mount package), on startup, has this.....

/ __ ___ ()_ ___ / __ __ _ ___ ___ ____ _
    / // / _ / / _ / _ \ / // / ' / -) _ / _/
    _
    /////_//// _////_/_, /_,/
    W H A T W I L L Y O U I N V E N T ? /
    __/"

Board: Onion Omega2 APSoC DRAM: 64 kB
    relocate_code Pointer at: 7ff70000

...... And that's all.
    Any recovery possible from this state?
    --Mike

• Reflash the device. If you have an expansion dock, hold the reset button until the device amber LED starts flashing rapidly, perhaps 8 to ten seconds, then await a reboot. You ought to be good to go, but starting over with a virgin device. Would then need to go through the process of connecting WiFi, etc.

• @William-Scott
    It is the surface mount variety so I have to know which pins to do what with. No dock.
    So I am presuming RST (in between 38 and 39) should be grounded. And observe WLED, pin 44. Is it necessary to ground RST before power on? Or just hold it low for 10 seconds? Or something else?

• @Michael-Mayo Omega2S / Omega2S+ Data Sheet (Version 1.6)
    0_1579115416170_O2S_pin_assigment.png
    Omega2S Documentation & Resources
    Omega2S Datasheet

For a minimal HW config you should connect:

• the GND pins (pin 1, 22 and 63) to the power supply's GND

• the 3.3V pins and the VDD_FLASH pin (pin 8, 9 and 32) to the power supply's 3.3V

• the HW_RST_N (pin 5) is Not Connected

• an External antenna directly to the u.FL connector on the module
      OR
      a ceramic chip or a PCB trace antenna or some equivalent thing to WIFI_RF (pin 24) and GND (pin 23, 25)

Bonus ;)

• GPIO_44 WLED_N (pin 19) is the (amber) System Status LED of Omega2(+) firmware
      (GPIO_43 (pin 18) is the (blue) WiFi Status LED of Omega2(+) firmware - I'm not sure / I don't know whether this is correct.)

• connect a USB-to-Serial module / cable to UART0 to get a Serial Console
      connect module_TX to UART_RXD0 (pin 40), module_RX to UART_TXD0 (pin 39), module GND to GND

Good luck.

• @György-Farkas Thank you for that info.. Is pin 5 the one to hold low to initiate the reflash mentioned by William?

• @Michael-Mayo No. Please forget the Hardware Reset (pin5) now.

Did you connect these seven (7) pins - 1, 22, 63 to GND and 8, 9, 32 to 3.3V and pin5 NC - well?

You wrote:

Serial port console (TX0 pin 12 of surface mount package), on startup, has this.....

So you have a Serial Console and wanted to write this:

Serial Console (pin39 ie. GPIO_12/UART_TXD0 of surface mount package), on startup, has this...

____       _             ____
      / __ \___  (_)__  ___    / __ \__ _  ___ ___ ____ _
     / /_/ / _ \/ / _ \/ _ \  / /_/ /  ' \/ -_) _ `/ _ `/
     \____/_//_/_/\___/_//_/  \____/_/_/_/\__/\_, /\_,_/
     W H A T  W I L L  Y O U  I N V E N T ? /___/"

Power On your Omega2S+ and let us know the full Serial Console log please.

• @György-Farkas This is the entire serial console output....

/ __ ___ ()_ ___ / __ __ _ ___ ___ ____ _
    / // / _ / / _ / _ \ / // / ' / -) _ / _/
    _
    /////_//// _////_/_, /_,/
    W H A T W I L L Y O U I N V E N T ? /
    __/"

• @Michael-Mayo
    GND on 1, 22, 23, 63 only
    +3.3v on 8, 9, 32
    3.3v serial connected to 39 (driving to computer) and 40 (receiving from computer)
    All others NC

• @Michael-Mayo The other omega2s+ that I have powered up lights the led on pin 19 (this "bricked" one does not) and puts out many lines of boot messages to the console port at pin 39. This "bricked" one stops at the "relocate_code" line.

• @Michael-Mayo
    How is the reflash done?
    Or is this really a dead device?

• @Michael-Mayo Hopefully the second one will work well.
    I'm only guessing - probably the first one did not survive your soldering process.

The HW_RST_N (pin 5) (ie. the Hardware Reset Input) does not work on Omega2+ / Omemega2S+ at all.

You should make a Software RESET BUTTON:
    GPIO_38/SW_RST (pin 4) --- 1 kOhm resistor --- a normally open momentary push button --- +3.3V
    If Omega2 successfully boots press this button - a short press will Reset it - a long press will perform a Factory Reset

When @William-Scott wrote above

"Reflash" the device.

he only wrote about the Factory Reset / Factory Restore scenario.

If you really want to reflash your device you need to make - for example - a software RESET BUTTON and a USB Host Port.
    Firmware Flashing from USB Storage

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.