Definitely got it up and running, though I got some really weird data out of a BME280 Temp, Press, Humidity sensor. It appeared one of the registers was not being read correctly. I am thinking there might be an issue with the I2C library? I compiled the same code on a Pi and it worked without problem. On the Omega, the data seemed fine until the temperature rose above a certain value (a few degrees C above room temp, heat from my finger). Once it got above this value, it seemed the read on one of the registers turns negative which doesn't seem correct.
I recorded the register data from the Python version of the BME280 code run on the Omega and compared against the C++ code on the Omega. I couldn't find anything in the code; I even stepped through all of the raw data. It appeared that the difference/error between the Python and the C++ code was in the raw data from the I2C read function.
I am cranking on something else at the moment and I will have to find time to crack this nut. If anyone is interested, I can post the code to see if there may be something wrong with the I2C C++ library. I have not been able to find a whole of example code, etc. for the Omega's using C++. The overwhelming majority of code out there is in Python. I am chasing down the C++ path since I am trying to build a fairly complicated program for performing analysis and need the interop so I can have the ability to blast code to an ARM, or other processor architecture.
Again, total disclosure, I could be the one messing something up. I do a lot of dumb things.
@Maximilian-Gerhardt thanks again for your guidance. I do believe the hiccup I initially hit was due to the .so library file. Once recompiled, it seemed fine.