Actually, I did not apply all the patches. I modified some files manually as the patching was failed (probably the delta was to big to successfully apply - I did not spend so much time to figure out why).
I cloned the repo first last week commit
78057457912170ceba29792ef02ba441abe8f246 and I did a lot of tinkering, I don't remember the several config changes I made.
So yesterday I cloned again (
cb2a3911e15df3be15126fc17fabe6f3671eee7b) to have a fresh copy and I did the following:
- added MAX98357A related stuff to
target/linux/ramips/modules.mk(based on your patch)
(well, I'm not a kernel guru, so I don't understand why it is necessary to replace
tristate "Maxim MAX98357A CODEC"in
Kconfigbut the compilation stopped with errors if I did not apply this)
- added lines to
OMEGA2.dtsibased on your patches (my current OMEGA2.dtsi) - modifications in
mt7628an.dtsiwas not necessary
The result of the above was a kernel which supports MAX98357A (thus PCM5102 too).
Hope this helps.
PS: I like Saleae - however I ran into trouble due to its limitation that no continuous sampling to disk, but the maximum is the free RAM size. Although the support was good, they offer a full refund of price of the two Logic Pro 16 - well, we chose not to send back but use for other tasks :-)