System Backups

• How does everyone else perform their backups? Is it possible to do a system image so that I can quickly switch between projects?

• It's not quite a system image but I keep everything I do on my laptop as well and script out any configuration changes or deployments I do. That way it's quick and easy to factory reset the Omega if I need to start over and I can just run my scripts to get back to where I was. Each project could have its own setup script with whatever you need (e.g. "opkg update ; opkg install python wireless-tools").

You could probably make uninstall scripts or even build your projects as opkg packages so you could install/uninstall them that way. But that sounds like too much work for me unless I were releasing something for other folks to download. The builtin wipe/reimage process is just really easy :)

• Thanks @fader and @Boken-Lin. I have started using tmux in a vertical split screen while testing so that I can quickly restore my changes after a factory reset. The openwrt article was handy for keeping my configs.

Looks like your connection to Onion Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.