Device won't connect to Onion Cloud
It's summer time and I have finally pulled out the onion omegas I bought for projects to work on with my kids.
I have attempted to connect the devices to the Onion Cloud, but it never reaches an online state.
I have done the following:
- I have added the device in the cloud device manager.
- I generated a setup code.
- I entered the setup code in the cloud settings on the device.
- The device seems to setup correctly. The device id and secret on the setup device match those in the cloud device manager.
- I've waited a long time (30 mins) and the device is still showing up as offline in the cloud device explorer.
I am running the most recent firmware, 0.1.2 (b327). This device is connected to a wireless network that allows all outgoing traffic. There are no outgoing network restrictions.
I'm not sure how to diagnose this issue any further. Suggestions?
@Kenneth-Rawlings Here is one of those gotchas and not to insult your intelligence but if you refresh the page I have had it go from offline to online.
@Kenneth-Rawlings Very strange!
Can you try running
opkg list | grep device-clientand pasting the output?
@Kenneth-Rawlings Curious what solved this for you. I'm experiencing the exact same issue.
What I've done:
- refreshed page(s), both on Onion Omega and Cloud
- Verified the device ID and Secret are the same on the device and cloud
- Deleted and re-created the cloud association (again verified device ID and secret)
- Noted that the Status page on the Omega shows offline, however, I'm able to connect to the internet and download package updates, etc
@Lazar-Demin if it helps, Firmware is 0.1.4 (b336) and the output of your suggested command is "device-client - 0.6-1"
Well... not sure what happened there... removed and re-added the Onion Omega again and let it sit, and this time it came online!