Are there 2 versions of the Expansion Dock?

• I just noticed that the Expansion dock I am using (from the first Onion campaign ) has a different pin out from the one in the documentation.

Was there more than one version of the dock? In which case should I follow the documentation pin out for new dock given it is plugged into the Omega 2+ or should I follow the markings on the dock itself?

I am mindful that I must not use some pins that are needed for the boot process so I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks.

• there have been some discussions about the first omega & omega2 expansion docks are not the same and omega2 will not work in first omega. i have not read the thread in awhile though.

• @Douglas-Kryder

omega2 will not work in first omega

Umm.. mine is. Just the labels on the GPIO expansion differ a little. So I am not 100% sure where GPIO11 is for example because it is not shown on my dock.

This is what it looks like:

Omega1-dock

Also this dock still provides a console over USB. I've used that to debug wifi problems before.

• @T-NT

For the record it appears that despite label differences the GPIO assignments are the same. So I am able to use GPIO 0, 14, 18, 19, 23 and 26 no problem. I can probally also use 12 & 13 as well.

This is good news for me because I had already hot-snoted my expansion dock in place and did not fancy pulling it apart again.